Air Conditioner Tune Up Service, Terryville, CT
The Benefits of Air Conditioner System Maintenance
AC preventative maintenance will maximize comfort and extend the life of your equipment. A well-maintained system costs less to operate and provides better indoor air quality
You wouldn’t drive your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil. The same logic holds true for your home comfort system. Regular air conditioner maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and efficient performance. Annual maintenance is important, and should be done every year – it can help to avoid a system failure in severe hot weather when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bill from getting out of control.
Air Conditioner Tune Up Checklist
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level.
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contractors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
Indoor AC Unit Checklist
- Inspect blower assembly and blower wheel.
- On older models, lubricate blower motor.
- Inspect evaporator coil for lint and debris, inspect condensate pan for biological growth, inspect drain line and traps for debris, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Clean or replace customer supplied air filter.
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork)—check for leaks
While your AC System is Operating
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary